Lemon belongs to the group of citrus fruits, which includes orange, tangerine, grapefruit, etc. It is cheap, easily accessible and versatile. The lemon is especially useful when it comes to your health. This yellow fruit contains not only vitamin C but also other vitamins (vitamin B, riboflavin) and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Protein and carbohydrates are included in the composition of the lemon. Lemon has been used since ancient times because of its power to heal. Lemon bark is very useful because it is rich in vitamin P and photochemical that destroys microbes. Bark contains essential oils that are useful for: normalizing blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, preventing atherosclerosis, strengthening the immune system, headache, nausea, exhaustion, improving memory and concentration.
Lemon and health – Lemon has been used since ancient times because of its power to heal. It is recommended by herbalists to lower blood pressure, remove toxins from the liver, reduce pain in arthritis, against infections, flu, against diseases in the oral cavity and tongue, and so on. Lemon is a stomach remedy because of its laxative effect. It also strengthens the immune system. If you have a cold, try drinking lemon juice. In addition to helping you fight the cold, it will also stop the development of infections. This is due to its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
The power of lemon water – It’s very simple to prepare lemon water. All you have to do is mix the pulp and the juice of half a lemon in hot water and drink it. Lemon water will help a lot for your body.
- The juice from lemon mixed with water can be very useful for pregnant women, as it helps build bones of an unborn child. The calcium that is found in the lemon is excellent for bones and teeth. The lemon also contains potassium, which is beneficial to the brain and nerve cells.
- It acts as a “scavenger” of blood and improves the ability of the body to expel toxins. Your skin can not look healthy if your body is full of toxins. When he gets rid of toxins, it will first reflect on your skin. It will look clean and without acne.
- Lemon water is a diuretic agent. This means it is very useful for people who have urinary tract infections. It also helps people with arthritis or rheumatism, because it purifies toxins and bacteria.
- It helps with digestive system problems – nausea, acids in the stomach, constipation and parasites, as well as digestion.
- Due to the large amount of vitamin C, lemon water is used in the treatment of infections, wounds, allergies and inflammation of the throat.
Lemon and your body – Sweating in the summer months is a normal process. But if you want to reduce frequent sweating in order to feel more comfortable, prepare yourself chamomile tea and add half a lemon juice and a teaspoon of sugar to it. Drink tea made every night before bedtime. Also, people who consume a large amount of lemon juice are losing weight, because vitamin C speeds up metabolism. Weight is the main problem of every woman. But if you have a few pounds more, there’s no need to “kiss” with weight loss pills. Choose a healthier way and use the power of the lemon. Studies have shown that people who consume more lemon are less overweight. This is because the lemon contains antioxidants, which regulate the blood sugar level and reduce hunger. You can use lemon for your hair. If you are blonde, you can use lemon to illuminate your hair. To do this, drain the juice of half a lemon in your hair and sit about an hour in the sun. Once you wash your hair, it will look cleaner, fresher and shimmer.
Lemon in your home – The leaves of Lemon Tree emit substances that disinfect the air and kill many bacteria. It is therefore very useful to grow lemons in the home. Buy a lemon tree and grow it in your home. You will also get rid of some insects like mosquitoes and flies.
Did you know that: Lemon can also be used as an invisible ink. It is only necessary to write some text with lemon juice, and when placed in light it can be read.
A few useful uses of lemon:
- Lemon helps fight acne. If you have oily skin, brush your face with lemon juice twice a day. Place it on for 5 minutes and wash it;
- Use pure lemon juice in a wasp or bee sting to reduce pain;
- Some argue that regular intake of fresh lemon may be useful against kidney stones;
- Lemon stops bleeding and can be used as a natural antiseptic to your wounds;
- Lemon mixed with olive oil helps fight gallstones;
- Drain lemon in your café if experiencing headache.
Tip: Always buy lemons that are light yellow and look fresh. Lemons with a thin crust have more juice than lemons with fat.