Nowadays we can multiple, on ways, influence the improvement of the immune system in childhood. We are talking about active ingredients that have function over the children’s immune systems at different levels. These are products which are available without prescription and can be obtained by the recommendation of a doctor. Many of them have a proven impact on the immune system of the child.
- Vitamins (A, C and E): Vitamin C plays an important role in the treatment of acute and frequent respiratory infections. Synergic effect of vitamins C and glucan strengthens the immune system.
- Bacterial immunomodulators: These are substances with bacterial ingredients that commonly cause infections of the airways. These medications are often used for treatment of frequent respiratory infections, but cannot be recommended for all children who are prone to infection. Can be obtained only on prescription, and their use is based on the recommendation of a specialist after detailed review.
- Minerals (especially zinc and selenium): Zinc and selenium have proven optimally operation affect over the immune system.
- Biologically active polysaccharides (beta – glucans): These are groups of highly effective natural substances that are structural elements of the cell walls of some plants and mushrooms. In the intestines act locally, activate cells of the immune system and promote his work.
- Colostrum: Considering that it is with versatile and valuable composition, colostrum is irreplaceable life companion for growth, vitality and health. It contains immune factors and growth factors, amino acids, minerals and vitamins.
- Products based on Echinacea: These products are taken primarily in acute infections because their preventive effect in frequent infections is enormous. Not recommended long-term use of these products.
Respiratory Infections include the most common diseases of childhood. From frequent respiratory infections become ill from 6 to 10% of children from age 6. There are two periods that are known in which the infection occurrence is biggest:
- Age of the child from 6 to 12 months – child spent protective antibodies obtained from the mother before birth, and it’s still not fully developed.
- First contact of the child with a group of children (schools, kindergartens) – High degree of exposure to various infectious diseases because of the other children in the group.
The most important for your children to be healthy is to eat healthy food, to have good night sleep and to be physically active. Healthy food includes fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains and meat. Also under healthy food means fresh squeezed juice from fruit or vegetables, if the child does not eat enough. Balance meals with healthy snacks such as yogurt, grapes or whole grains with dried fruit. Avoid fatty foods and foods high in sugar, which can lead to depletion of the immune system. Do not let a child to eat everything, because food can cause an allergic reaction. Insist your child to sleep at least 8 hours or more. Switch off the night lights and other lights that might disturb the delicate balance of serotonin levels. To achieve the benefits of a night dream, the room must be dark, quiet and comfortable. The immune system requires physical activity and exercises that will help the body stay healthy.