Everyone wants to be healthy, fit and to live an active live. We all know that a healthy person does exercises, eats healthy and doesn’t smoke. All this sounds so simple, but some people, who tried to do some changes in their habits, face difficulties that lead them to lack of motivation and give up.
The thing is that we only need a few simple changes to improve our lifestyle because a small change can lead to a big result.
1. Hydrate – Always start a day with big glass of water because it helps your metabolism, clears your skin and helps you get rid of toxins. Also, if you drink a glass of water before your meal it helps you with overeating.
2. Motivate – Read books that can motivate you or some positive quotes because it just makes you feel good and motivated. Research shows that you can influence in your own levels of self-control and motivation. First you must figure out what you want, practice, exercise, power up through the pain period, and then start being who you want to be.
3. Nourish – Eat clean food and try to avoid the junk food. Eating clean is eating natural and fresh food like fruits or vegetables from your farmers market.
4. Balance – Eating junk food will leave you without energy and will make you feel bad. That’s why you should encourage yourself to eat clean food. But if you like to eat cake or some other type of food that has high calorie, be sure to maintain the balance.
5. Avoid Alcohol – You can have a glass of wine or a beer, but binging on alcohol is bad for your body. Alcohol can interfere with the brain’s communication pathways, change your mood and behavior, and will make you to think harder, unclearly and uncoordinated. Also, it can damage your heart, liver (liver inflammation), pancreas (creating pancreatitis – a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion) and cancer (risk of developing breast, mouth, liver and throat cancers).
6. Be active – Do something active every day. Go on gym, run, biking, do some exercises or go for a long walk. For a lot of people staying active, exercising like 30 minutes a day, it makes them feel good and it’s therapeutic.
7. Detox – Our body deals with waves of harmful toxins from within and without. Because our bodies are not invincible, we must give them some help. Detox your body and your mind with juice cleansing. Drink a lot of juices of different fruits every day.
8. Push – If you have goals that are related with your work or your body weight, just know that you don’t have to stress yourself about it or expect so much of yourself, just take small steps and over time it will happen.
9. Reboot – Pick one day from Monday to Sunday and try to relax yourself. Go for a walk, fishing, take bath, go to the cinema or watch DVD, play your favorite sport, listen to some quiet and relaxing music, read a book, learn yoga or practice meditation.
10. Positivity – It’s best to have positive people around you that want to achieve their goals just as much as you want to achieve yours.