During the period when there is a delicious melon that you can use for many recipes, we can make one type of fruit ice cream that Italians call it “granite”. If you are interested in making this super refreshing ice-cream, you can prepare it with another type of fruit like melon or peaches.
Fruity ice cream of melon ingredients:
- 750 g melon (cleaned);
- 150g sugar;
- 150 ml water;
- 1/2 lemon juice;
- Clean the melon and chop it onto pieces. Put it in a blender and blend it.
- In a bowl, on fire, melt the sugar in water. Cook until sugar dissolves.
- In blended melon put the melted sugar and lemon juice and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and place in the refrigerator to freeze. Occasionally, with a fork scratch that part of the mixture which is already frozen, then replace the pan back.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times or more until the whole mixture is well frozen and scuffed.
- Pour into a martini glasses and garnish with a little lime peel.
This whole procedure will take 10 minutes for preparation, 5 minutes to cook the sugar and 3 hours and 15 minutes to freeze the mixture.