This energy balls are very good snack for us, because it provides us with extra energy that we need when we have some extra work or when we are playing with our kids at home or in the garden. Running around them all day is fun, but we all know how energetic kids can be, for that we need to take some good snack to restore our energy back.
These chocolate balls are like bolt of energy that will run through you and once again you will be able to continue where you stopped.
For making these chocolate balls, you must have the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of pecans;
- 1/3 cup of almonds;
- 1/3 cups dates ( it’s better to be pitted);
- 3 spoons shredded coconut;
- 1 / 2 spoons vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 spoons unsweetened cocoa powder ( according to your preference)
- 1-2 spoon soy milk or water
- And for covering the balls you can use: Sprinkles, toasted sesame seeds and shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and mix until everything is thoroughly crushed and combined.
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Roll the balls around in whatever you like (sprinkles, toasted sesame seeds or shredded coconut) and you are done!
- If you end up with a dry mixture, that will be because of the quality of the dates. To fix that, you will need to add some milk or water. The mixture after that will be softer and easy to make ball shapes;
- It will be easier for to make balls if you wear disposable plastic gloves or you dampen your hands slightly;
- You don’t have to use the cocoa powder if you prefer a more nutty / datey flavor;
This vegan, gluten-free balls look just like cake balls but they are healthy and surprisingly good for you and the best of all is that there is no baking involved and they can be ready in about 10 minutes.