Apple cider vinegar is fermented apple juice. The main active compound is acetic acid. It contains vitamins C, B1, B2 and B6; folic acid, pantothenic acid, niacin and biotin. The apple vinegar also might contain traces of some minerals, depending on the fermentation process and the environmental factors as is the cultivating process of the apples used in making the apple cider vinegar. There for, it might contain small amounts of magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, sodium and phosphorous. Have in mind that if the apple vinegar is homemade (organic and unfiltered) it might contain strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that gives the specific color and taste of the homemade vinegar.
Before a list of few of the positive effects that this vinegar has on our body is shown, I’d like to give couple of warnings – not to do with this product.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach, especially if you have had stomach troubles before.
- Don’t put the apple cider vinegar close to your eyes or any other sensitive area on your body.
- Even the vinegar when is used for banishing bad breath and it does not get to the stomach, still dilute it in a glass of water first.
So, here are a few of the many health benefits of the Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar clears acne and skin tags (acrochordon) – Clean the area and massage the acne spots with the vinegar and leave it for a while (from 30min to 2h). After, wash the vinegar away from the spots with a skin friendly PH soup. For the skin tags, clean the area where the vinegar will be applied with warm water and skin friendly PH. Soak a small cotton ball in organic apple cider vinegar and apply it to the area where the skin tag is. Use a sticker or hold it for some time (a few minutes) so the tag gets a thorough exposure). After, wash the vinegar away from the area with a skin friendly PH soup. Repeat this procedure for the both issues for a few weeks and hopefully you will end up with some good results from it.
- Apple cider vinegar soothes a sore throat and banishes bad breath – Both, sore throat and bed breath usually are a result of mouth bacteria. Gargling one table spoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in half a glass of water can help with a sore throat.
- Apple cider vinegar lowers cholesterol and helps control blood sugar – Drinking one table spoon diluted in a glass of water can help in lowering your cholesterol and could help keep your blood sugar levels balanced.
- Apple cider vinegar speeds up your metabolism, helps tummy troubles and it can be used as a natural laxative (can help get things moving, generally).
- Apple cider vinegar can kill many types of bacteria so it can be used as an antiseptic.
It is recommended to use organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with its distinctive color and taste.
It is not recommended drinking in high concentration, whiting your teeth or treating any kind of hemorrhoids.
Consult your doctor/clinician before using apple cider vinegar first.