Introduction to Healthy Lifestyle (Lesson 2) – part two

For the second part of Lesson2, I will introduce you to the beauty of a healthy diet. As I said, changing my eating habits was a fun and tasty adventure for me.

Almost an infinitive list of vegetables and fruits are available to make them a part of our daily diet routine. If after you wake up in the morning you drink your coffee, get ready for work, maybe read a few articles like this, get at work and wait till 10:00am or 12:00am for your breakfast break for your first meal you are doing it wrong. Especially if you eat junk food during breakfast time. You see, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You get your necessary nutrition compounds from it, the energy you need so much to drive your daily routines and obligations and believe it or not the breakfast is the meal that defines your daily metabolism (or has at least 60% a part in it). The other 40% I’ll have it explained in a later post.

breakfast-1491729_960_720

So what is the perfect breakfast?

Good question but what the answer is might surprise you a bit. There is no perfect breakfast, there are perfect breakfasts. Actually, the first thing you should do after waking up in the morning is, off course drink a glass of water, do your bathroom routine and immediately make your first daily breakfast. Personally, I drink a glass of water or two, have my first breakfast and then do my bathroom routine. Some 01:30 to 02:30 hours later I have my second breakfast.

The situation is as follows:

Your gut is used to overeating or to irregular small and large mixed food portions. So, your body demands for a large amount of sugars (carbs) at once. Then your body use them as an energy storage (fat) so later while you are starving, can use it as an energy fuel. To beet this unnecessary urgent you should have one breakfast immediately after you wake up and one during your breakfast break at work (some 01:30 to 02:30 hours later). So, instead of one, you will have two breakfasts. And that is not all. The breakfast should have the right nutrition compounds. Now, here comes the fun part (besides you get to eat breakfast twice every day). All the nutrition you need comes from fruits, vegetables, milk products (usually yogurt), kefir yogurt, nuts, oatmeal, almonds, rye flakes, wheat flakes, barley flakes, pumpkin seed, berries (grape, litchi, avocado, guava, uchuva, loquat, etc.), strawberries, apples (off course ), bananas (bananas are berries too), cherries, eggs, Indian nuts, Brazilian nuts (be careful with those devils as they have high concentration of selenium), rice, peanuts, walnuts etc. You don’t need large portions per dish because they have enough calories and will give you the needed energy though complex and healthy carbs, besides the fact that they have a wide variety of nutrition compounds our body seeks for a healthy lifestyle. In the next and final part of the Lesson 2 (part 3) I will post a few breakfast recipes that you may find useful.

Introduction to Healthy Lifestyle (Lesson 2) – part three

Post Author:

1 thought on “Introduction to Healthy Lifestyle (Lesson 2) – part two

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *